Job Shadow, Intern, Student Applications
Do you accept applications from the community for interns? Or for students to shadow a physician or other professional? Using specialized workflow with VSys Live, we can make that process a lot simpler and more effective.
The example below shows a sample process in which:
- An online application is used to capture information, including:
- Personal data/demographics.
- Emergency contact information.
- Optional "Why are you interested?" essay.
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of the sponsor to be shadowed. (E-mail addresses can optionally be limited to recipients at a specific domain, for example @yourorganization.org.)
- Digital signature of applicant.
- VSys electronically sends a copy of the application to the sponsor, along with a hyperlink to approve/reject the application.
- Sponsor reviews the application (in PDF form), and by clicking on the hyperlink is presented with a form for accepting or rejecting the application.
- If the application is rejected, an e-mail is sent to the applicant, optionally including reasons provided by the sponsor.
- If the application is accepted,
- An e-mail is sent to the applicant with additional information.
- Depending on the properties (age) of the applicant, additional forms may be included such as a parental consent form.
- An e-mail is sent to the sponsor confirming acceptance, and with instructions to follow up with the applicant to arrange details such as dates and locations.
Of course this process is only an example: fewer or additional steps, different communications, and even multiple approvers are possible to meet your specific needs.